Role of the Vice Chairperson
The role of the vice chairperson is as follows:
- To chair the meeting in the absence of the chairperson
- To stand in, for whatever occasion, in the event that the chairperson in unavailable
- To assist the chairperson in as many ways as possible
Role of the Treasurer
The role of the treasurer is as follows:
- To manage and report on the finances of the WPA as requested by the chairperson
- To collect monies from the various events that raise money throughout the year and to lodge this money to the WPA account
- These events include :
- Saturday rugby tea and coffee (to collect from Reception every Monday)
- The Social
- Sports Day
- Uniform Sale
- To issue cheques upon receipt of invoices/receipts for approved expenditure on behalf of the WPA, i.e. Shopping in Musgrave’s for rugby, Social, 6th form mass, 5th form musical etc.
- To purchase the prizes for the 5th Form Musical raffle
- To issue cheques to the various charitable organisations the WPA support throughout the year.
- To work with the chairperson and the principal to see if the school requires anything
- To present the finances at the AGM
Role of the Secretary
The role of the secretary is as follows:
- To take concise minutes at the meetings
- To transcribe these minutes and send them to the chairperson for review and approval within 3 days of the meeting
- To distribute the approved minutes to the WPA committee
- To send a text to the WPA committee to inform them that the minutes have been distributed
- To work with the chairperson to draw up the agenda for the next meeting
- To send the agenda to the chairperson 1 week before the meeting for review/approval
- To send the approved agenda to the WPA committee on the Thurs/Fri before the meeting and to ask for AOB
- To send a text to the WPA committee informing them that the agenda has been sent
- To update the agenda with AOB and send to the Chairperson
Role of the Chairperson
Appoint a full committee to include:
- The Secretary
- The Treasurer
- The Vice Chairperson
- meet with Principal to discuss the agenda for the WPA meeting.
- Prepare agenda and distribute to committee prior to meeting
- Prepare all documentation for meeting.
- Chair WPA meeting
- Set up sub-committees who are responsible for particular events.
- Appoint a head of each sub-committee that is set up.
- review the minutes completed by the Secretary.
- Send minutes to the Principal for review/revision
- distribute the revised minutes or ask the secretary to distribute.
On Going Activities
- Liaise with people who are responsible for the different activities or leading sub committees.
- Be point of contact for events, organise advertising and send out information via email, notes or texts.
- The Chairperson may be required to address parents at functions ie. The School Social, or Open Days for new parents.
- The AGM should be held in early May.
- It is important that notification of the AGM is given 2 to 3 weeks before the meeting.
- If possible, the new chairperson should be voted on and approved that night.