Welcome to the Willow Park Junior School Parents’ Association (WPA) section of the School Website.
The WPA’s function is to work together with the school Principal, Staff and the Board of Management to build effective partnership between home and school.
Our purpose is to:
- Help preserve and promote the tradition and core values of the school
- Provide the best possible academic and social education for our children
- Promote the interests of the pupils
- Act in an advisory capacity to the Principal or the Board on matters relating to the school
Each year a new committee is formed, generally consisting of ‘half’ of the previous committee and ‘half’ new entrants. An elected parent serves for up to a two year period on the committee.
It’s important to note that all parents and/or guardians of pupils enrolled in the school are deemed to be members of the association.
At present, the committee is assisting in the following areas:
- Communication with Parents
- Fifth Form Musical
- Communions & Confirmations
- Annual Book Fair
- 5th Form Rugby Festival
- Arts Week
- Science Week
- Sports Day
- WPA Newsletter
- Saturday Morning Tea & Coffee
- Social Events
- Health & Safety
- Green Schools
Should you have any recommendations you would like to make, please contact your class representative.